In this report the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights expressed a number of concerns about:
- The proposed introduction of a Bill of Rights
- The disproportionate adverse impact that austerity measures
- The unfair reforms to the legal aid system and the introduction of employment tribunal fees
- The failure to bring into force key provisions of the Equality Act 2010.
- The disproportionate effect of unemployment on disabled people.
- Violence against women and girls with disabilities.
- The lack of a specific definition of poverty and the effect this has on disabled people.
- The lack of adequate measures to address the increasing levels of food insecurity, malnutrition, including obesity, and the lack of adequate measures to reduce the reliance on food banks.
- The lack of adequate resources provided to mental health services.
- Persistent serious shortcomings in the care and treatment of older persons, including those with dementia.
from disability rights.co.uk: http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2016/june/un-committee-expresses-concerns-uk-rights-report?platform=hootsuite