Disabled woman died in fire at her home after her 24-hour care was stopped by NHS cuts

Mother-of-two Amanda Richards used to receive round-the-clock support party-paid by the NHS – until government funding was slashed

A disabled woman died in an horrific fire at her home after her 24-hour care was stopped by health cuts.

Mother-of-two Amanda Richards, 40, used to receive round-the-clock support party-paid by the NHS.

But after government funding was slashed, she was left alone in her house for two hours every day.

Wheelchair-bound Amanda was on her own when a blaze started by a cigarette tore through her home.

Firefighters discovered her body inside the gutted bungalow in December 2013.

A serious case review yesterday found healthcare cuts played a major role in the tragedy.

Read more here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/disabled-woman-died-fire-home-6598716

Advertisements

One thought on “Disabled woman died in fire at her home after her 24-hour care was stopped by NHS cuts

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s